1. Form and institutionalize a network of union locals within MediaNews properties to:
a Provide mutual support to build a more secure and productive work environment for workers within the chain.
b Help MediaNews and its workers become leaders into the future of new technologies and evolving media jobs.
1. Become a resource for the timely gathering and dissemination of information concerning all aspects of MediaNews operations, including:
a Union and management collective bargaining proposals, trends and tactics.
b Corporate and local financial disclosures
c Legal and arbitration proceedings
d Notable personnel changes in management
e Other items of interest concerning developments within the chain and/or its properties and within unions or union locals representing employees in the chain.
2. Provide mutual support
3. Coordinate bargaining and legal strategies.
4. Begin and maintain dialogue over future of the industry and how employees of MediaNews can most successfully move themselves and the companies they work for into the new media age.
5. Use work of the Project and, where possible, pooled resources to mobilize within existing locals and to organize non-union workers within the chain.
6. Assist displaced workers